Tuesday 3 June 2008

Who needs an interactive whiteboard?

By the looks of this, the need for interactive white boards will soon be a thing of the past. You should soon be able to control your computer using a webcam, a piece of free software, and well just about anything!!



Looks pretty amazing. If it can work on these complex games, I don't see why it shouldn't work on ordinary software and a data projector. Could save on buying those expensive IWBs. I've signed up for beta testing, so I'll let you know how it goes.

The company that produces this is called CamSpace and the product itself is called CamTrax.

Best

Nik Peachey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Nik,

Looks absolutely fantastic, even if only to play games! As you mention its potential for turning any computer and beamer into an IWB makes this a really interesting bit of software to keep an eye on.

A great find indeed Nik, congratulations once again. It certainly looks a bit more developed and ready to use than the €50 Interactive White Board I'm mucking about with! Right.. I'm off to sign up for the beta trial.

Seth :-)

Nik Peachey said...

Hi Seth

It certainly does look like it has amazing potential. I looked at the thing put together with a Wii Mote, but to be honest it looked like a lot of work and I doubted my ability to get it together without wrecking half a dozen first! This looks great if it can be made to interact with just basic software applications like paint programs and word processors. Fingers crossed.

Best

Nik

Anonymous said...

Hiya Nik,

At the risk of sounding over excited , which is what I am becoming :-D I've just found this very interesting piece of open source IWB software designed to run with the Wiimote.

Seeing as I've bought a Wiimote today I'm definitely going to be trying this out (I changed the light into an IR pen in 10 minutes and I'm really not an electronics whizz kid)

I'll post back to the Webheads once I've made a tutorial video. Till then...

Lets hope we can try out Camtrax soon. Who knows, I wonder how interesting a combination of the two might work!